Thursday, February 18, 2010

Scenes from the House Dream

David Hoffos, Scenes from the House Dream

Scenes from the House Dream is coming to MOCCA. I saw this show at the National Gallery in Ottawa and, looking back, I wish I could have spent more time with this hyperrealistic yet spooky and surreal exhibition. And now it seems I will get my wish!

I'm kind of hoping Hoffos re-imagines the one diorama where we get to peek in on a theft of a Barnett Newman painting in (what I thought was but now I'm not sure) a miniaturized version of the National Gallery. Wouldn't it be great if he rethought this piece so that the thieves made off with something from MOCCA's collection

We observe each diorama as giants peering into a world that is reflective of the world we live in but will always and forever remain an inaccessible realm that we have knowledge of, but will never get to touch or understand. 

No comments: